Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Monkey!





2 years ago I gave birth to the hairiest little boy. :) Hehehe.. He had hair on his ears, back, arms, legs... so Don and I nicknamed him monkey boy. :) Not to mention he had a way of pursing his lips that added to the name. We couldn't help ourselves. He was from that point on our little monkey and today still is, just in different ways. I can't believe it's been two years since I went through 35 hours of labor, 16 hours of throwing up, 3 1/2 hours of pushing, pitocin, an epi, and some other drug for the nausea. Lovely. BUT boy oh boy is he worth it. Last week Don turned 35 and I couldn't help but imagine what his mom must feel like knowing her baby is 35, mine is only two and I wish I could rewind and go back through it in slow motion. So that I could document everything, remember everything, kiss him more, cuddle him more, play more, love more. I hope that each day, even when it's not always easy that I will just enjoy him to the fullest. 

There are so many things that you do right now. That I love. You make me laugh everyday. I love to watch you learn, listen to you talk, try to count, discover new and unusual things. 

Right now you like to count but only to two. You can't say one, you say WHY! :) Why, two. You light up when you do it, you are very proud of yourself. 

You love to say good job, when you feel that you did or/are doing a good job at something. 
You have many favorite words; boat, car, church, NO, eat, outside, hi, bye

You love your stroller because it means that you get to go outside. You refer to your stroller as a car. Being outside is the greatest thing to you ever. Even when you were a newborn if we walked you outside when you were upset it always calmed you down. You beg me to go outside everyday, all day long.

You said your first sentence a few weeks ago. It was "Have a good day." I love to hear you say it and you say it  with all the excitement you can muster. You are starting to say it to people who are checking us out at the stores. Target, grocery store. Too cute. 

You are a very happy boy. You love people. You love to talk. You say hi and bye to anyone and everyone in the store. If they don't respond you just say it louder until they do. You don't give anyone the option of ignoring you.

You love to eat and are always asking to eat. You love cheese, which you refer to as chee. Most fruit is good by you. Especially, strawberries, blueberries, and oranges. Other favorite foods are hotdogs,  french fries, tomatoes, chips, dip (gaucamole and hummus), peas. If you are really enjoying your food you let us know by making mmm mmm noises and smiling. You like chips but if we dip them in hummus or gaucamole you will suck off the dip and not eat the chip. You love dip. 

When you want something to drink you ask for milk or water but it doesn't mean that you actually want water if you really want milk. You get them mixed up. 

You also can get mommy and daddy mixed up. You sometimes call daddy mommy but you almost always refer to me as mommy. You adore your dad. If he is home you want to be by him, you want him to hold you, play with you. You want to be where he is doing whatever he is doing. 

You love books. You have a favorite book that Grandma and Grandpa Boyd have upstairs. It's a big thick heavy book with a lot of pictures. There is a picture for each day of the year. The pictures are creative and different. They represent places all over the world and whenever we go up there you always have to look it. You talk to us and tell us about each of the pictures.

You have two favorite stuffed animals, your elephant snuggles and your moose which is called moo. 

You sleep in a toddler bed, which you have been doing for about a month. 

You love music, you enjoy dancing. 

You love to help. If mommy is cleaning the kitchen you like to try and sweep the floor or wipe down the stove with a towel. YOu like to help load the washing machine, or put clothes away after they are folded. You help mommy and daddy pick up your toys and put them in your bucket. You also enjoy helping put your books away.

You love bath time. You are folding your hands when we pray and you say amen when we are done. 

You are a blessing to us. We love you dearly. Happy Birthday darling boy.







4 comments:

Someone Being Me said...

Awww...Happy Birthday, Monkey! Wait until the next one gets here. Time goes even faster if you can believe it.

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

This is the sweetest post!! Happy Birthday to your little man!! I cant believe how fast time flies either...kinda bittersweet huh?

Sassyfrazz said...

Happy 2nd birthday to you Brody, and Happy "Birth" day to you Jennifer! Brody is an amazing little guy and God has richly blessed you! He is so expressive and very social! I enjoyed reading this post about your little boy. I can't wait to see you tomorrow, too! :)

Charlene Aycock said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR LITTLE MAN! BEAUTIFUL JEN. LOVE THIS. LOVE TO YOU ALL, AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR HAVING ME AT THE PARTY BY COMPUTER. IT WAS AWESOME.