For the last several months Brody's hemoglobin has been low. I haven't been real concerned because it's pretty much normal in my family to have a low hemoglobin and it's always been normal for me to have a slightly low hemoglobin. The Doc wanted to put him on iron because they tend to suggest iron with a low hemoglobin. However due to family history I didn't feel peaceful about this and suggested that they test his ferratin levels. This would tell us whether or not his iron is low. His ferratin levels were slightly low but just barely. Since then the Dr. called and left a message stating they want to do further testing. Today I spoke to the doctor directly because Don and I didn't want to do more testing unless it was absolutely necessary. Basically the doctor feels that it's important to proceed. We aren't really sure what they are looking for. I know that they want to take a closer look at his red cells. I think we both are a little scared about what this could mean. If we knew what they were looking for maybe it would be less scary but the unknown takes your mind to places that are unmentionable. Next Wednesday we will both be taking Brody into the lab for more blood tests. Don and I know that Brody belongs to God, we place him in his hands and trust that God is in control of the situation and Brody's life. I love the verse Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to proser you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
We would greatly appreciate your prayers. We don't want to just talk about trusting God but that we will completely trust him and sometimes it might be day to day or minute by minute. This might be nothing and that is what we are hoping for but like I said it's the unknown that can be haunting. Thank you for your prayers, love and support.
JR :)
4 comments:
They may want to look at his red cells because it is where the Thalasemia is found. I have a large amount of tiny little red cells, and not enough white cells. The tiny red cells are in abundance. It will be ok.
Poor little guy. I'll be praying for you.
The Doctor said after he spoke with the hemotologist that he doesn't have Thalasemia and they are confident of that. Whatever they are thinking it's not Thalasemia, I wish it were. Again I hope it's nothing.
Know that I am praying for Brody, and you & Don. Please keep me posted!
Post a Comment