Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cleaning House

When Brody is napping I am like suzy homemaker on crack. :) hahaha.. seriously I run around trying to do whatever I can in the 20 minutes, 45 minutes, 2 hours and sometimes if I am lucky 2 1/2 hours however long it might last.. I am like a mad woman. This morning he went down around 10am. I folded laundry, did the dishes, swept and scrubbed the kitchen floor, cleaned the bathroom, did my hair and makeup, spent quiet time with God and am now blogging. He is still sleeping. :) I thought about how much energy I put into cleaning my house and how I allow my clean house to make me feel. I put so much stalk into it. If I have accomplished all this, then I am a good wife and mother. It's a little embarrassing but truly it makes me feel so accomplished. As I was cleaning God put it on my heart to evaluate why I don't clean the rooms of my soul with the same energy and desire. It really made me sad. I struggle quite a bit with fear and anxiety. It's less but it's still there. It nags at me and I allow it to rule my life. So after I cleaned up a bit, I finally sat down and talked to God. Today I asked the Lord to come in and clean out the dark corners of my soul. I don't want to be a slave to fear and anxiety, I want the Lord to be the ruler of my heart & soul. I know that this may be one of many times where I might have to resurrender to him. However, I wrote a list of verses that talk about fear and anxiety and I asked him to bring these verses to my mind when I am struggling. So anyway, today I cleaned two houses! :) Tomorrow I will start with my soul first. :)

2 comments:

Miss said...

I love this...but I want to talk about it instead of blogging. so, thats what I wil do!

Sassyfrazz said...

Jennifer, That was a great post, and good reminders. I feel the same way sometimes. How is it we spend so much time on other "stuff" when God waits...and waits...and waits.

I understand! Hey, let's have prayer time together when you come next week! OK? I can't wait to see you~