Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Back to life back to reality....

So everyone was back from their weekend yesterday but I feel like I am just getting there today. My sister was visiting from Florida. She arrived on the 4th, Friday and stayed through this morning. It was a great visit. Other then the fact that all week last week I was up until about 1am every night so then of course it continued through the weekend. I don't do well on very little sleep so I was a little crabby I must confess, poor Don got the brundt of it. Sorry baby, I love you. :) Anyway,  it was a really fun weekend though. Friday it was so exciting to go and get her. I couldn't wait until 4pm. Don was awesome because he was home that day so he let me go to the gym and work out by myself. It helped to make the time go by faster for sure. We finally went and picked up my sister. Then we went home and grilled out for supper. It was a mellow night. We decided to stay in and not go and see any fireworks but we had fun just hanging out and chatting. Saturday we spent the day together and my sister and I headed to the gym alone. :) Brodes stayed with Daddy. Then we all headed north for a family reunion on Don's side. I took some family pictures and my sister and I flew the coup early and went out to dinner with some of her old college friends. That was fun. I have hung out with them before so it was fun to see them again. Sunday we headed off to church, came home and had Papa Murphy's pizza. I think we were all a little tired on Sunday so we pretty much lounged around all day. Then closer to the evening my other sister joined us, us girls and Brody headed to the gym again but this time we only went swimming. We didn't swim long, maybe 45 minutes or less. It was really relaxing though. That night we came home, grilled out again and stayed up late and talked. That's pretty much what we did all weekend. Yesterday guess what we did?? We went to the gym, but we didn't grill out last night we went out for dinner. It was delicious. Then we came home and I made my sister watch the Bachelorette Finale because I am addicted. ENUF SAID! I don't want to even know what you all are thinking but I can't help myself. So anyway, today came before I knew it and now she is gone. I cried my eyes out. I don't usually cry when she leaves but as I get older I find myself wanting to be near to my family, all of family and we are a little dispersed. I loved watching her with Brody. She completely adores him and vice versa. I think he fell in love. It was probably the hardest time I have ever had saying good bye to my sister.
 Love you MEME!

2 comments:

Sassyfrazz said...

It sounds like you two had a great time! So good to get together with sisters! I really hope we can get out to see my sis this fall sometime.

I hope we can get together soon! I miss you lady!

Charlene Aycock said...

I bet she cried too, and misses all of you as much as you miss her. I miss all of you. Love you much. Mom