Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Moving on..

Since I have been married Don and I have never really been settled. I guess the most settled we were was in our first house. However, even then I knew it was temporary. I knew he always wanted to go back to school. Since we have been married the longest we have lived in one place has been about 2.5 years. We have been in transition since he decided to go back to school and we have two years of school left. There is apart of me that is ancy and ready for the transition to come to end. I am excited for Don to be done with school and to find a place where we can stay and raise our children, a place that they can call home.
Right now we are in transition again. We are moving. Most of you know this. It has been stressful as the circumstances are far from ideal. (In terms of why we are moving.) Regardless of this we have been packing and tonight we started to move stuff to the new apartment. We will be living with Don's mentors in their house. They have an apartment in the basement of their home. Today as I packed I felt more content about his move since we first knew it was going to happen. Tonight however as we were sitting there and putting furniture where we want it, unpacking our stuff I could picture us living there. I am excited to move on. I am excited to live somewhere that will feel safe and  secure. I am excited to be close to family. They are truly family. I am excited that Brody will have his "adopted" grandparents upstairs. They adore him. They are so sweet and thoughtful, they told us that they are willing to keep an eye for Brody at night if he is sleeping and we want to go out for ice cream, or for a walk. It's just nice to know we have the option. I will say that there is a small hint of sadness as we leave our home where we became a family. Certainly this house holds many memories but I know that it's time to move on and have peace about our newest endeavor. 

2 comments:

Sassyfrazz said...

I am happy for you guys, and I am glad you will be safe, too! I know the circumstances aren't ideal, but it will all work out! Fresh start...give it all to God! He will take care of you! I am excited to see you on Sat!

Miss said...

I am anxious to see your new place!

and those photos of brodie and sophie crack me up!