Monday, February 9, 2009

On the mend...

Ok. This time I really am feeling much better. I am not only reading blogs but am also starting to post again. I would sort of skim while I was sick but it took to much energy to fully commit myself to reading or commenting. 
I am starting to get a little fun nausea going on with the pregnancy however. I guess it was bound to happen. I have heartburn already, which makes me nervous. With Brody I had terrible heartburn but it started later which makes me wonder if I am going to really be in for it. Thursday we have our first ultrasound. :) 

I am on the mend and hopefully Brody is as well. Brody has also been sick the last couple weeks. The last few days it got worse, he spiked a fever and we were back to the doctor. He was just there two weeks ago with an ear infection. They gave us a referall for the ENT  (ear nose and throat doctor) so that we can discuss whether or not he will need tubes. So today because things have gotten worse I took him back into the doctor and he had a double ear infection. He truly has been so miserable the last few days. So he is on another antibiotic and we are also giving him motrin. Tonight though he finally felt cooler then he has for a couple of days so I am hoping the meds are kicking the infections butt and he is also on the mend. His appt. with the specialist is on the 17th. They do a consultation and try to determine whether or not he needs to tubes. The doctor we saw today said he thought that Brody would benefit from tubes. He has been having infections since August. I certainly don't take tubes lightly but I also don't think it's healthy to constantly have him on antibiotics, if he isn't on antibiotics well then he is just a sick miserable little boy. I have asked for pray and that is what we continue to seek. Wisdom to know if this is the next step we should be taking and that we do what is best for Brody. 

1 comment:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Poor little guy! I will be praying that God would lead you to the right decision for him.

Sorry about your nausea too...but it definitely is a GOOD sign to have in the beginning!! Let us know how your ultra sound goes!!! So fun!