Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The best kept secret! ;)

There have been SO many things that I have been wanting to blog about but have been doing the bare necessities to get by. It's amazing how busy life can get. The weekend of Don's graduation we did something super fun as a family. We took Brody to the Flinthill's Children's festival. We heard about it through a parenting class that we took at church. A woman told us that the Ordway was having a Chilren's festival and putting on productions like "The very hungry Catepillar" by Eric Carle. I love Eric Carle books and I really like this book. She also stated that they sell out fast because the tickets are $5 each. WHAT?? That's crazy. When can you take a child to go see a play for $5.00 per person. So that night Don and I went and looked it up. We got our tickets and wahlah!! Little did I know it was so much more then just a play that we were signing up for. It makes sense, it's called a FESTIVAL. So the day before or so I went online to see what was all included. The play is only one part of the festival there are many things to see and do that are free. They have a variety of performers in Rice Park throughout this fun filled weekend. They also have events going on inside the landmark center. We went a little early and got to see some live African music being performed, and traditional chinese dancers. It was fun. As far as the play went it was sooo good and Brody loved it. It was about 30-40 minutes long. It completely kept him occupied until the end, he got a tad ancy but at 2 I think he did amazing. A play group from Canada came down to the Ordway and did a series of the Eric Carle books, not just the Hungry Catepillar but we also saw the Little cloud and the mixed up Chameleon. I highly recommend that if you live in the area to check this out next year. Even if you don't get to go to the Ordway there are many things to see if you go for the day that are free. It was one of my favorite memories with my family this spring. 

3 comments:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Thats so fun for your little one!! I'd say he did well if he sat that long too!! What a great deal on tickets too!

Anonymous said...

Sounds super fun! We'll have to look for it next year :)
Jennifer K.

Charlene Aycock said...

This was a great idea and great for all of you.