Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Brody Boy!

Ever heard of GO FISH! Brody and I love them. They are a Christian singing group and they have some really fun kids music. This particular set of pictures was us jamming out to the song HIT THE DRUM! A few others that I like are the "Ten Commandment Boogie." "Jammies" (probably my favorite) "Snazzy", and the "mom song". I don't even really think that covers it. Check it out, I don't think you'll be disappointed and your kids will love it. :)


There has been a lot of focus on the baby lately so I had to write about Brody. I don't think I could possibly remember everything I have wanted to write about. Brody and I have a lot of fun during the day. He is talking a lot!! He loves to play hide-n-seek. He hides in the same spot, under the kitchen table. I think he may be starting to branch out. He loves it when mommy hides and pops out and him and yells boo. One of my favorite stories lately was of Brody and I playing Hide N Seek. He couldn't find me and he was wandering around the house yelling "MOM".... "MOOOOMMMM" "WHERE ARE YOU MOM??" "MOM YELL BOOOO..." Hehehee.. so cute


Right now he says to me A LOT "I need help wit dis" (I need help with this)

One day a nurse stopped by the house and as she was walking through the door he says to her "Hi person."


Brody and I don't leave the house much these days. Poor kiddo. I am trying to have fun with him. We love to dance around. We race sometimes, bowl, and build obstacle courses. AND yes we do this in the house. :)

One day we were going somewhere and as we were walking outside Brody gets so excited and yells " Outside, Outside..... YEAH!!" Poor kid...





Our house is pretty sad this time of year. We haven't put up a Christmas tree in a number of years for a number of excuses. This year I have been a little depressed because I am in the house so much more then usual. After BEGGING Don for some sort of decoration we finally bought this little decorative Christmas tree. REALLY LITTLE. It's cute though. Tonight after Brody went to bed we put up our Christmas tree. Brody hadn't quite fallen asleep yet. Don ended up needing to change his diaper so we got him up and he got to see the tree with the one wrapped present. :) Oh that sounds so sad. Anyway, Brody's eyes lit up! It was so neat. It didn't matter the size of the tree, or that there was only one present. There is something that adds a little sparkle when there are decorations surrounding Christmas. I think I had forgotten that. So when he saw the tree he got so excited and started saying over and over "mismas tree, mismas tree..." this is how he says Christmas and I love it.




I know that I wrote after Weston was born we were having a somewhat difficult time with Brody. Sure we still have our challenges but overall things are going really well. I love the way Brody LOVES his baby brother. He calls him Desden (Weston)... hehehe...
He is very proud of his baby. We have had to have a discussion that mommy is the only one that can nurse the baby, Brody has asked a couple of times if he can nurse the baby. :) He will come up to the baby and say "mum mere baby" Which is come here baby!! So sweet. Recently I called a friend and shared in the excitement that Weston has started to really respond to Brody. It's amazing to see them interact and my heart felt like it my burst. Brody was sitting on the floor talking to Weston, making silly noises and Weston was smiling and laughing. :) OH MY GOODNESS.... I had no idea it would be THIS GOOD!!


I have just a couple more stories and I don't know if writing them will do them justice but I am going to try.

The other day Brodes was sitting eating lunch. He is in love with cottage cheese. After his second helping he asked for more. I was just like MY WORD. I looked at him and said...

" You are going to turn into a cheese curd."

Brody:: Laughs somewhat like a woodpecker and says "Cheese curd..." long pause " I NOT cheese curd... I BODIE."

Brody: (talking to himself) "I cheese curd..." followed up with woodpecker laughter...





I have been trying to teach Brody to politely say no. Often if I ask him if he wants something and he doesn't he YELLS NO!! I tell him it's ok to say No but I want him to say "No Thank you".

I was changing Weston's diaper the other day and Brody was finished with breakfast and is yelling " ALL DONE MOMMY, ALL DONE."

To which I respond "Brody, you need to wait I am taking care of Weston right now."

Brody: YELLS "NO"

and again I respond "Brody you need to wait."

Brody yells "NO"

and finally I ignore him. :)

Brody follows my silence with " No Thank you Mommy."


Well at least it's sinking in.


If you read this long post that's amazing. I had to write down what little bit I remember lately. Brody says something new almost everyday and is at this age where he is changing so fast. I love listening to him talk and it surprises me that he is laughing at jokes, (understanding humor) and having simple conversations. If I don't write it down I am afraid I will forget it. :) I love you darling boy. :)

2 comments:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

I totally LOVED this post! I love reading the stories too!! Thanks for sharing your darling boy. He is too cute!

Charlene Aycock said...

Grandma and I loved the pictures and the stories. Grandma thinks your blog would make a great book someday.