Sunday, December 13, 2009

Just in time for Christmas.... here's Thanksgiving!!

Our plan was to go home and celebrate with my Dad and Step-mom. Don and my dad were planning on doing some hunting. We were going to spend about 4 days with them. I was excited to have time to visit everyone and relax. When we go home it's often for a night, sometimes two. It's sort of a whirlwind. Not to mention a 3 hour drive usually turns into about 4 1/2 to 5 hours. Well EARLY Thanksgiving morning, like around 3 am Weston woke to nurse and shortly after Brody woke up crying. He was feverish. We knew at that point we weren't going home. So when I was done nursing and Don was taking care of Brody I started to look online to find grocery stores that were open. Rainbow Foods had a few select locations that were open. So at 4am Don and I were making a list of food that we wanted to include in our dinner. I was digging up recipes. I think about 5 or so we went back to sleep. In the morning Don went to the store while I made breakfast. We were disappointed not to have the time with my Dad but also some what relieved not to have to do the running around. It ended up being a really fun Thanksgiving. We did a lot of cooking together, watched the parade and just hung out. Here are the pictures to tell the story of our day! :) You can see my poor sick boy!



























Everyone was very excited when Weston woke up and we all went to greet him. :)

























Did I mention that when Don went to the store they were sold out of Turkey, thawed turkey that is. So we ended up eating Thanksgiving Chicken. YUM.





















































































sick kids get baths in our house. something about a warm bath when you are sick feels good.







































pumpkin ice cream pie! YUM!!





The next series of pictures tells a story. Can you tell what Brody is doing here?









he is looking all innocent but he wasn't. :)





I caught him in action and so did Don. :)










































I wish I could write by each picture but anyway I love the last pie picture! I think it's hilarious!! Do you think they enjoyed their dessert. :) Well that's a wrap. I hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving with our family :)

4 comments:

Someone Being Me said...

So adorable. Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

I loved your thanksgiving pictures and story. Just fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Love it Love it Love it.

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

I love them all! Such joy all over!! Sorry Brody was sick tho :-( Such precious pics!