





























These words were uttered out of my mouth Saturday morning over and over again. I was super crabby!! Last week was a little tough. I had two nights where I was up till about 3 am. One of them being Thursday night. Long story. Regardless I went into our weekend of camping already tired. Friday I was tired but excited to go camping and couldn't wait to see the rest of my family on Saturday. We were going camping with my family just for Saturday and Sunday. Don and I decided to go a day early and my sister Roxy joined us. When we got there Friday night everything went smooth getting camp set up. It was the kind of place where the camp sites are pretty wide open. It's not private. I prefer the private sites but this was ok. Anyway, we sat by the fire chatted and eventually headed to bed and this is when all HECK broke loose. I was already exhausted. Well Brody decided to keep us up till about 1 maybe later. I can't really be certain but when six am rolled around and the dog was running all over the tent and the baby was crying I felt like I was going to loose it. :) I am very emotional but when I am tired I am emotional and irrational. This is a lethal combination. Anyone know what I am talking about?? Well let's just say that I was going off all morning. It's hard to be in a four person tent with a baby, a dog, and all of your belongings. The reality is Don insisted I went back to sleep. So I did. I woke up still tired but a little less crabby. We took Brody into town so he could fall asleep in the car and then Don and I went and got breakfast and sat by the lake. Later on the rest of the clan rolled in and slowly and surely the crabbies went away. Last night was fun. We all hung out by the fire and played the game "I Never". I really enjoy getting together with my family outside of just holidays. I really ended up having a good time and am looking forward to camping again. I didn't expect to say that ever again Saturday morning but it's amazing what sleep can do for your perspective. Saturday night the dog slept with Roxy because she had a nice big tent to herself and we decided one of us would stay with Brody until he fell asleep and then go to bed after. It worked much better. Needless to say we are tent shopping because Rox won't always be around and we need more room for all of us. Here are some fun pictures of our trip. :)




4 comments:
Even though I know what you are like when you are tired, but understand it all, I WANT TO GO CAMPING WITH YOU GUYS TOO. LOVE YOU
I FORGOT LOVE THE PIC OF BRODY HUGGING HIS COUSIN, SO CUTE.
I am glad to hear that you guys had such a great time. Yes, Momma's need their sleep ~desparately!!
What a fun tradition to go camping with the whole family! Keep that tradition alive!
We go camping next week, and I have excited emotions, and the "freakin' outta my mind" emotions.
cute pictures!!
We had you beat...4 kids, 2 adults and a dog in a tent! =) haha
just kidding..I am glad your bad attitude went away! =)
Post a Comment