Tuesday, April 28, 2009

update

So the toddler bed has been an experience. We started giving him one shot in bed, if he got up he was going straight to the play pen. Well for several days he has been sleeping in the playpen. No notice of this changing. So I started reading online about other ideas. I thought that maybe putting him in the play pen was giving him the opportunity to not learn how to stay and sleep in his bed. So tonight we took the play pen out. I read somewhere that you just have to keep putting them back into bed, don't give them a lot of attention and keep laying them down and telling them it's time for bed. Most people said it took about 45 minutes. I kind of figured with Brody it wasn't going to be 45 minutes. I was right. The playpen was gone tonight. It was him and us. He has a little door knobber thingy to keep him in his room. Well just as we expected up right away. So we took turns and would go on in  and put him back to bed. After awhile we took his toys out of his room. He was trying to play with his toys in the dark but I think he hurt himself a few times. So we got the toys out and then he started to wear down a little more quickly. After almost two hours of persistance I am hearing silence come from his bedroom. What a stubborn boy. :) 

3 comments:

Sassyfrazz said...

Urrrrgh!! Great job on persistence, though! I have read about that too. I hope it will be less time tomorrow night! *hugs* Hope you day went better for you!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

I have heard to just keep taking them back to bed with no communication other than "it is bed time" too.Its a good thing your are doing this well before baby comes!! Here's to hoping it gets quicker!!

Charlene Aycock said...

GOOD JOB, Super Nanny says this is the way to do it. Proud of you.