Friday, May 9, 2008
:(
What else can you title a post when it's 2:30 am and you are not sleeping. Yesterday I didn't have the greatest day, it was some what of an emotionally charged day and I was overly tired. So I didn't handle the day as gracefully as I could have. Well Brody walked several steps yesterday, probably 8 or more. It was pretty exciting. However, the first steps that he took he started to loose it right as he was coming at the couch. He hit his face on the frame of the couch pretty good. Needless to say it bled, real good. The bleeding stopped and he seemed fine. I will say that he was whiney the rest of the night pretty much. However, he took one 45 minute nap yesterday for the whole day. This is not typical, he usually takes two naps a day. So could have been part of the reason for him being whiney. So anyway on with the story. He went to bed pretty early. I was sleeping by 10:30 which is also pretty early for me. I was woken up probably around 11:30 by a screaming child. Brodes had been changed, bottled, and still Don was having a difficult time with getting him back to sleep. So we gave him some motrin. He's been teething for several weeks. I didn't think much of it. So here I am at 2:30 because Brodes was jabbering rather loudly around 1am and sounded rather excitable. I went and checked on him. His demeanor seemed fine. We laid down together, then we rocked. He felt really warm. Checked his temp and he is running a fever. I don't know if this is normal for them to run a fever while being on medicine. It's not extremely high but I am wondering how accurate it is because he was burning up but the temp read 99.7. While I was rocking him I could tell he was tired but wouldn't relax. I changed his jammies, put him in something a little cooler and put him back to bed. He has been sleeping for about 30 minutes. I wanted to wait before I went back to bed just to listen to him and make sure that he was ok before I went to sleep. He has whined a couple times since but for the most part is pretty quiet. Why do I have to be so nervous. I guess I just want to make sure that he doesn't have an infection and I find it worrisome that he has had such a hard time sleeping tonight. SOoooo anyway, I am just writing down somewhere my concerns, while my HUBBY sleeps SOUNDLY in the bedroom without a care in the world. WHATEVEr... going to try and go to bed now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment