I couldn't remember if I had updated about Brody and I hadn't. We went back to the Dr. on the 6th and my concerns were confirmed. He still had an ear infection. So he went back on antibiotics. The Dr. wants him to come back after a month. Tomorrow is his last day on the medicine and then we go back on the 9th of Feb.. The same ear is infected and his other ear has fluid in it that isn't draining. I will say that he has been sleeping better which I am hoping is a positive indicator to the antibiotic working. When we go back to the Dr. if he still has an infection then she said we are going to want to see a specialist. At that time we will discuss the possibility of tubes. Clearly our hope is that the infection will clear and we can avoid tubes. I know that many parents have children that have had tubes in their ears but it's really unsettling to me. I hate the idea of him having to go under anesthesia. YUCK!
So please continue to pray for healing and that God will protect his hearing. This is my biggest concern because of the length of time that it's gone on and the history of problems in my family.
Thank you.
3 comments:
Aw, poor little guy! Ear infections are NO fun. I'll keep praying for him.
Susan
Praying! I am so sorry to hear he still has this going on...poor little guy. I hope this medicine will do the trick and clear it all up! (I had tubes when I was little...)
Dr's are stupid. Medical Technology is NOT as advanced as they would like the American public to believe they are. I love you...You know your son. Don't give up until he gets better!
Post a Comment